STAI recognizes the contribution of industry professionals by presenting various awards in different fields of science and technology. The aim of these awards is to recognize the contribution of its members to the sustainable growth of the industry and to inculcate the habit of contributing research papers which must be of direct value to the Industry. The following awards are presented during the annual convention:
For Contribution to the Sustainable Growth of Sugar & Allied Industry
- Life Time Achievement Award ? This is presented to industry veterans for their outstanding life-time contribution to the development and growth of the Sugar & Allied Industry.
- Industry Excellence Award ? This is presented to sugar factories/entrepreneurs for their significant contribution to the technological advancement of Sugar & Allied Industry.
- Isgec Gold Medal for "Engineering for Excellence" ? Process Technology & Process Engineering.
- J. P. Mukherji Gold Medal for the "Best Engineer of the Year".
- Dr. P. J. Manohar Rao Gold Medal for "Excellence in Co-Products".
For Research Papers Presented during the Annual Convention
The research papers may contain results of original research work done by the authors or the results of adaptation of known processes/equipments/material of construction to the Indian conditions.
- Dr. Bansi Dhar Gold Medal for the best research paper related to "Innovation in the area of Energy Efficiency & Conservation in Sugar Industry".
- SC Sharma Gold Medal for Innovation in Process Technology
- Noel Deerr Gold Medal for the best research paper in the areas of ? Sugarcane Agriculture, Factory Engineering, Factory Processing and Co-products.
- STAI Silver Medals for second best research paper in the areas of ? Sugarcane Agriculture, Factory Engineering, Factory Processing and Co-products.